Monday 15 January 2007

End of week 13

Well, I am absolutely thrilled to have a loss this week. Only 300g (10.6 ounces) again, but still a loss. I really didn't think it was going to happen after Friday night. Friday night we went out. First we went to a friends for a birthday and I had a piece of birthday cake. Then we went to our neighbours for a drink. We had a great time but oh boy, the food was endless. There was only 4 of us and the neighbour kept bringing out an endless supply of the most scrumptious foods. Starting with bowls of cashews and bowls of cheese cubes and a dipping sauce. Then these little cheese nibblies that were so yummy. She said they were salmon and cheese, and they were shaped into little ovals and garnished on top. Then there were a huge pile of hot mini vol au vents which she kept saying to eat up before they are cold. She also brought out 2 whole quiches. The first was a salmon quiche but I dont know what the second one was, I was just way to full to fit anymore in.......lol. And she finished it off with a large tray of chocolate biscuits. I tell you, I waddled home.......lol.

Saturday morning, I tentatively stepped onto the scales. OH NO! A half kilo gain :( All day I stuck rigidly to my diet. I had only my 3 meals for the day, absolutely no snacks, and for dinner, I had a bowl of soup with toast.

Sunday morning, I tentatively stepped onto the scales. OH NO! Still 400g over my last weigh in :( Again, I stuck rigidly to my diet. Only the 3 meals for the day, absolutely no snacks, and dinner was a modifast milkshake, 2 sandwiches, and a small frozen yoghurt dessert. Plus, it was finally a sunny and beautiful day (it has been raining everyday for weeks and I had not been getting my walks in for weeks). So, today I finally got in a short 2km walk. Only 25mins but finally a walk.

Monday morning, weigh in day!!!!! I held my breath and stepped onto the scales. A loss of 300g!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it and was totally over the moon :) It just goes to show, one bad diet day need not be the end of the world. If you fall off the wagon so to speak, and have a really bad diet day, dont lose hope and give up. Next day just continue as if it never happened and you might be pleasantly suprised :) Stick with it, and at the end of the week, you may not necessarily gain after one bad day.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Shazza! Good job on the loss! I know what you mean about the awful rainy weather we have been having... even I didn't manage to get in any walks. I just got home from WW and I stayed the same... which is probably caused by a few factors which I am now going to write about on my blog. I am so glad that you started this blog and that I can drop by and support you as much as I can. We can do this! And you have given some great advice about having one bad day by eating too much... that if you eat well the rest of the week that it usually turns out good. I am so proud of how far you have come, and of how much further you will go on this journey... thankyou for letting me be a part of it :) xox Amanda.

Moby Dick said...

The best thing about falling down is getting back up! We all fall, the question is only whether or not we get back on the horse!

Annieann77 said...

Congrats on your weight loss, even if it is a little one (this time), it is still going in the right direction! ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great attitude... you had one bad day but made sure it wasn't going to classed as a bad week... YOU ROCK!!

Cheers
Chubbymum