Sunday 7 January 2007

September 2004

We dont go anywhere during the summer because all the tourist places are soooooooooooo crowded. But we did have to head over the coast one day in Summer. I had to get some papers signed at the Australian Embassy in Den Hague and then we went for a drive down the coast and had dinner in this little fishing village on the coast. Very nice and you have no idea how good it was to smell that sea air again :) Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

This Saturday just gone was really special. The factory where Hans works had an open day. They only have one every two or three years and the rest of the time a guard at the gate stops anyone going in. They had only ever had one other open day in the 4 1/2 years I have been here and I missed that one, the tickets were booked out. So I was determined to finally go to this one and see where he works and we did :) Along with a couple of friends we did the tour of the factory and I got to see the control room he spends so much time in and his office and the whole works :) It was so good to finally see where he spends his time and learn a bit more about what he does and the whole process :)

My other exciting news? It is my really big news!!!! Mum and Noel (my stepfather) have fully paid for their flight :) They arrive on March 15 and leave on May 16. Yep, 9 whole weeks and I can barely wait........lol. It has been 3 years since I saw my mum. Yep, this time 3 years ago is when we were last in Australia. Sure doesnt seem like 3 years. Anyway, they have delayed their arrival 3 weeks from when they originally planned and are staying a little longer so they can be here for my birthday and mothers day :) AWESOME! So I guess we will have to have one of those dutch birthday parties so they can get the feel of it while they are here..........lol. Time is going fast, I cant believe it is now over a month since they finally booked their flight :) The next 5 months are going to fly by.

Things are really starting to cool down now. It is Autumn and the weather sure has been letting us know, much cooler and tons of wind and rain. The Autumn colours havent come out yet though and that is something else I am looking forward to. I love the autumn colours over here, so beautiful. But the past week I have been freezing my butt off in the house! We ran out of oil for the central heating in May and didnt bother filling it with summer around the corner and it being warm enough. But the cold snap seemed to catch us a bit unawares, I had only only been back at work for 2 weeks from summer vacation and suddenly it is freezing.......lol.

I am also back at school one night a week. But on Thursday nights instead of Tuesday this year. And on Tuesday nights I am taking up aqua aerobics at the heated indoor pool about 15mins from us. I went the week before last and really enjoyed it, in fact, loved it :) I wish it was more than once a week! But my old swimsuit is not really any good so I am going to get a new one. And then start in earnest :) I think it is awesome, it doesnt feel like you are exercising at all and I wasnt even too sore the next day :)

Our family has also grown since I last wrote. We now have 3 cats. One day I heard this crying in the front yard and looked out to see a tiny black 5 week old kitten right there next to the busy main road by himself and crying. I managed to get him (he actually came straight to me) and while we were going to find a good home for him through the vets, he worked his way into our hearts before we had a chance. Hans caved in first. He was just sooooooo tiny. Not old enough to be away from his mother but we don’t think he was wild as he was completely used to people and being held. And the immediate neighbours knew nothing about him. So we guess he was abandoned there. Some people!!!!! His name is Dennis, after Dennis the Menace, and never a more fitting name! We also got 5 chickens for eggs. They were supposed to be 5 hens but we brought them home when they were only about 6 weeks old and 2 of them grew into roosters. So now we have 2 roosters fighting over the hens all the time and it is not good. One of them has to go but I absolutely refuse to have it on my dinner table. I AM NOT GOING TO EAT A PET! So we will have to find somebody who wants a rooster.
Winter was good to us this year also. It gave us loads of snow, even in April, and we were able to have some with friends and a snowman.

No comments: